Graduate Student Keynote Speaker
Held: online, via Zoom
Deadline: February 6, 2023
- The conference is 5/4 from (roughly) 10:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
- The conference and the keynote will occur via Zoom and make use of breakout rooms.
- Keynote address can be on any aspect of Victorian studies.
- The keynote is from 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM.
- The speaker’s stipend is $150.
- A keynote that will fill the 75-minute slot with two elements: i) a lecture and ii) interactive Zoom activities that make use of breakout rooms.
- Contact info: List your name, institution, and email. (If there are more than one of you presenting, please list that information for all presenters).
- Keynote title: Please list the proposed title of your address.
- Lecture description: A brief abstract of what your lecture will focus on. (No more than 200 words and less than that is fine!) Please also indicate how many minutes you intend to lecture.
- Activities: Outline the activities you will incorporate in addition to your lecture. Please specify how long you think each activity will take. (And you can just have one activity or multiple activities; activities can also be organized throughout your lectures. It’s up to you!) Indicate how you intend to make use of Zoom breakout rooms to stimulate conversation and interest.
- Windup/conclusion: How will you end the keynote? Will you bring everyone together for closing thoughts? Have breakout groups present their thoughts? Provide some of your own thoughts?
- Spend the day?: As a reminder, the conference will be May 4th from 10:30 AM – 3:30 PM. Would you be able to attend the entire conference? (Moderate panels, attend the closing “unconference” session etc.) If you can’t, let the organizers know how much time you could spend at the conference. (And it is OK if you can only attend the keynote.)
Thank you so much for your interest in contributing to Carroll University’s undergraduate conference. Please write up a brief document with the information above and send to Lara Karpenko, Carroll University, at email@example.com in an attachment. Lara Karpenko will remove identifying information and distribute all write ups to her class and the students will vote on our 2023 keynote address. Please don’t spend too much time on this! Quick answers are great.