Event: Critical Crafting Session on 19th-Century Textiles (2/25/2022)
February 25th, 2022, 10:00am - 11:15am PST on Zoom
Please join the organizers for this lively virtual Critical Crafting session, in which they will discuss how hands-on engagement with textiles can help instructors activate students’ learning.
Their speakers will be
- Nadine Flagel (textile and fibre artist)
- Daniel Fountain (U of Exeter)
- Julie Hollenbach (Nova Scotia College of Art and Design)
- Hinda Mandell (Rochester Institute of Technology)
- Deborah Wynne (U of Chester)
This free event is open to all; to register, please visit https://www.craftingcommunities.net/events.
This roundtable is part of a year-long series titled Critical Crafting In and Beyond Humanities Classrooms: 19th-Century Material Culture and 21st-Century Open Pedagogy. This series is generously funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada; the Universities of Victoria, Alberta, and Manitoba; and the Victorian Studies Association of Western Canada.