4 May 2021, 10:00-11:15 am PDT on Zoom
Please join this lively Zoom roundtable, which brings together six scholars to talk about Victorian material culture, with a focus on objects, including a scrapbook, a carpet, a clamshell book, Whistler’s “Jubilee set,” a little Brontë book, and George Eliot’s copy of Wordsworth’s The Prelude. Brief presentations will be accompanied by slideshow images and followed by a Q&A.
The presenters will be:
- Elizabeth Bassett (University of British Columbia)
- Shalini Le Gall (Portland Museum of Art)
- Deborah Lutz (University of Louisville)
- Morna O’Neill (Wake Forest University)
- Deborah Wynne (University of Chester)
- Maria Zytaruk (University of Calgary)
This free event is open to all; to register, please visit: https://vsawc.org/crafting-communities/
This workshop is part of a year-long series titled Crafting Communities: A Series of Victorian Object Lessons & Scholarly Exchanges in Covid Times. The full schedule of events appears on the Victorian Studies Association of Western Canada’s Events webpage. This series is generously funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, the Victorian Studies Association of Western Canada, and the Universities of Victoria, Alberta, and Manitoba.