The University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of
UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR of ANGLOPHONE LITERATURES
at the Department of English of the Faculty of Language, Literature and Culture.
The position will be based on a permanent civil-law employment contract with the University.
- representing the whole spectrum of the subject of “English Literary Studies” both in research and teaching with a focus on Anglophone literatures (excluding US-American literatures) from the early modern era to the present; analysis of Anglophone literatures as regional, national, and transnational formations with regard to formal, thematic, and theoretical aspects as well as processes of production and reception;
- collaborating closely with the other research areas in English and American Studies (Cultural Studies, Linguistics, Applied Language Studies), as well as with the Faculty’s and University’s research centres and research areas;
- acquiring third-party funding;
- teaching and developing modules for BA, MA, doctoral students as well as students in the teacher training programme; supervising BA, MA, and diploma dissertations as well as doctoral theses;
- taking over administrative roles and actively contributing to the initiatives of the Academic Network Britain-Innsbruck (founded in 2017);
- supporting and mentoring early-career researchers.
Eligibility requirements include
a pertinent degree in higher education, a pertinent teaching qualification (“Habilitation” or equivalent), research expertise in Anglophone literatures (apart from US-American literatures), publications in leading international peer-reviewed journals, English proficiency at level C2, German proficiency at least at level B1, documented involvement in international research activities, experience in the acquisition of third-party funding, very good didactic, social, and management skills, and relevant professional research/teaching experience abroad.
The University of Innsbruck is committed to increasing the percentage of female employees, especially in leading positions and therefore explicitly invites women to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, women will be given preference.
Applications must reach us at the latest by January 31, 2019 and should include the usual documentation (esp. curriculum vitae, a list of courses taught, a list of publications, description of current and intended research, samples of the 5 most important articles or book chapters, a list of academic talks and projects). All documents have to be submitted in digital form (CD-ROM, e-mail, etc.). Hardcopy (paper) is optional. Please send the documents to: Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck, Fakultäten Servicestelle, Standort Innrain 52f, A-6020 Innsbruck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The basic salary is set down in the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Professors are in the remuneration group A 1. For the position the monthly salary is 5,005.10 Euro (14 x). Depending on qualification and experience a higher salary can be a topic in the negotiations with the rector. Beyond that the university offers attractive additional benefits (http://www.uibk.ac.at/).
The full, authoritative text in German (published in the official bulletin of the University of December 19, 2018) as well as additional information on the current status of the application process may be found at: