In the Steps Of William Morris: Society Trip To Iceland 2013
18-27 July 2013 (10 days, nine nights)
The William Morris Society is pleased to announce that in association with Excellentia Global Travel Consultants of Reykjavik, it is proposing to organise a visit to Iceland for both Society members and non-members in 2013, the 140th anniversary of Morris’s second and final trip there.
Cost: In Iceland: £1,690 per person (two sharing) – single person supplement £376.
Flights: approx £325 per person London – Reykjavik return.
Participants are free to make bookings from other airports if more convenient. Those wishing to journey to Iceland by sea are free to do so, and advice on ferry routes and connections is available. Accommodation will be in local hotels, farmsteads and cottages as appropriate to the location. All travel in Iceland will be by minibus.
What is included:
- Accommodation 9 nights including breakfast: 1 night at Icelandair Marina Hotel, 2 nights at hotel Stykkisholmur, 1 night at Hofstadir farmhotel, 2 nights at Dimmuborgir cottages, 2 nights at hotel Laki, 1 night at Icelandair hotel Marina
- 5 lunches and 1 box lunch, 7 dinners including a farewell dinner in Reykjavík, drinking water, coffee/tea.
- First class coach transfers to and from the airport
- First class coach and English speaking driver the entire time.
- Specialist local guide knowledgeable about the sagas, William Morris and natural history etc.
- All museum entrances, entrance to the Blue Lagoon, boat trip to Drangey, glacier lagoon boat trip
What is not included:
- Meals other than mentioned in the program
- Drinks other than water and coffee/tea and meals other than mentioned
- All items of a personal nature i.e. additional meals, drinks, activities specified as options like horse riding
- All gratuities
- Travel Insurance (your own)
If interested, please contact the Society office. Non-members are welcome. Once confirmation of your participation is received, we will require a £250 deposit per person. Deposit payments are refundable apart from a booking fee of 25 pounds. To register and for details of the itinerary and accommodation and information on booking conditions, insurance, health requirements, documentation etc, contact Carol Henrey at the Society office on
tel: 0208 741 3735