The free online conference 'Dickens's World' takes place this Wednesday and Thursday - don't miss out on your chance to register!
Register for free now at http://dickensworld.wordpress.com/
Video addresses will be presented by:
- David Paroissien: Looking Back and Looking Forward: Shifting Perspectives in Dickens's Fiction
- John Bowen: Beginning the World
- Anne Stiles: Psychology, gender, and the brain in Dickens scholarship
The event provides an opportunity for an international group of scholars to discuss the work of one of the world's most important authors. The emphasis is on illustrating the many ways in which Dickens influenced, and was influenced by, his contact with other countries. More broadly, we hope the conference will encourage online discussion about the social, cultural and technological milieu in which (and of which) Dickens wrote.
We're delighted to announce that the following papers will be featured at the upcoming online conference Dickens' World. These will be freely available and open for discussion:
- 'Dickens on the Chinese Screen', Ting Guo
- 'Global Dickens', John O. Jordan
- 'The Manly Mind? Revisiting the Victorian 'Sex in Brain' Debate', Rob Boddice
- 'Testing a Civilisation: Charles Dickens on the American Penitentiary system', David Wilson
- 'Victorian Print Culture, Journalism and the Novel', Matthew Rubery
An additional 20 articles will be available for free during the conference.